Why should one take this course?
- To understand the concept of money market
- To understand the interest rate derivatives as a risk management tool
Who will benefit from this course?
- Employees of Banks, Insurance Companies”
- Primary Dealers
- Employees of Brokers/Sub-Brokers
- Anybody having interest in the Indian money market
Interest Rate Derivatives Syllabus
Interest Rates and Time Value Of Money
Introduction; Factors affecting the level of interest rate; Impact and classification of interest rate and Present value, Future value and Discount factor.
Money and Fixed Income Markets
Money markets and Fixed income markets.
Introduction to and Characteristics of Bonds; Concept of yield; Relationship between bond price and interest Rate Repo and cost of funding and other bond terminology.
Interest Rate Derivatives
OTC Derivatives; Exchange-traded contracts and key terminology and futures market
Interest Rate Futures (IRF) in India
Interest rate futures; Rationale; Contract specifications; Settlement and Risk Management