Why should one take this course?
- To understand the various products, participants and the functions of the securities market.
- To understand the market design of Primary Market & Secondary Market.
- To understand the government securities market.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Employees of Broker and Sub-brokers
- Depository Participants employees
- Employees of Mutual Funds
- Employees of Research Houses/Analysts/Researchers
- Employees of BPOs/IT Companies
- Anybody having interest in the Securities Market
Securities Market Syllabus
Securities Market in India – An Overview
Securities market and financial system; Products, participants, and functions; Primary market; Secondary market; Derivatives market; Regulators; Exchanges; Depositories; Clearing corporations; Regulatory framework; Reforms
Book building; Credit rating; Merchant banking; On-line IPOs; Demat issues; Private placement; Virtual debt portals; ADRs/GDRs; Other regulations; Public issues; Euro issues; Debt issues; Collective investment vehicles viz., MFs, VCFs, CISs.
Membership; Listing; Trading and settlement mechanism; Technology; Trading rules – Insider Trading; Unfair trade practices; Takeovers; Buyback; Turnover; Market capitalization; Prices; Liquidity; Transaction costs; Risk management; Indices.
Government Securities Market
Indian debt market; Primary market; Secondary market-NDS; NDS-OM; CCIL; Wholesale debt market (WDM) segment of NSE.
Products, Participants, and functions; Trading mechanism; Membership; Contract specification; Clearing & Settlement; Open interest; Implied interest rate; Implied volatility; Risk management; Debt derivatives.
Mathematics and Statistics
Measures of central tendency; Return and Risk