Why should one take this course?
- To understand the rationale for a depository.
- To know about the services provided by a depository.
- To understand the processes involved in a depository’s functioning.
- To understand the NSDL application software.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Staff of the Depository Participants
- Bank Employees
- Candidates seeking to make a career in depository operations
- Anyone interested in gaining knowledge about the depository participants operations.
NSDL -Depository Operations Syllabus
Overview of the Capital Market
Overview of relevant law s and regulations; the primary and the secondary market and the capital market intermediaries
Overview of NSDL
Organizational structure of NSDL, Features of the depository system, Legal framework; Bye-Law & business rules of NSDL, NSDL system & connectivity
Business Partners of N SDL
The different business partners of N SDL, Joining procedure/ steps, services; Records and reconciliation, rights & obligations; NSDL application software, the hardware requirements of business partners, the service standards, Benefits & safety
Services Offered by Depository
Account opening of beneficiaries; Clearing members and intermediaries; Transmission & nomination; Dematerialisation and rematerialization; Trading & settlement; Off-market transfers; Pay-in and pay-out procedures; Settlement of trades and precautions; Internet initiatives by NSDL.
Pledging/ Hypothecation; Securities Lending & Borrowing; Corporate actions; Public issues; Debt instruments and G-Securities; NSC/ KVP in Dem at form; MAP IN and TIN