Why should one take this course?
- To understand the concept of mutual funds.
- To know about the roles of different players viz., custodians, asset management companies, sponsor etc. in the mutual fund industry.
- To learn about the tax and regulatory issues related to mutual funds.
- To understand the fundamentals of net asset value (NAV) computation and various investment plans.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Financial planners
- Equity researchers
- Anybody having interest in the Indian mutual fund industry
Mutual Funds Syllabus
Concept and structure of mutual funds in India; Role of custodian; Registrar and transfer agent; AMC; New fund offer’s & procedure for investing in NFO; Investors rights and obligations.
Mutual Fund Products and Features
The concept of open-ended and close-ended fund; Types of funds – equity, index, diversified large-cap funds, midcap fund, sec or fund, and other equity schemes; Concept of entry and exit load; Expense ratio; Portfolio turnover; AUM; Analysis of cash level in a portfolio.
Introduction to exchange-traded funds; Market making by authorized participants; creation units; Portfolio deposit and cash component
Salient features of debt and Concept of interest rate and credit risk; Pricing of debt instrument
Salient features of liquid funds; Floating rate scheme and portfolio churning in liquid funds.
Taxation of capital gains; Indexation benefit and FMP.
Role and objectives of AMFI; Different types of plans; Systematic Investment Plan (SIP); Systematic Transfer Plan (STP) and Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP); Dividend payout.