Why should one take this course?
- To get a basic understanding of the products, players, and functioning of financial markets, particularly the capital market.
- To understand the terms and jargons used in the financial newspapers and periodicals.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Employees of BPOs/IT Companies
- Employees of Brokers/Sub-Brokers
- Anybody having interest in the Indian securities market
Financial Markets Syllabus
Markets and Financial Instruments
Types of Markets: Equity Debt, Derivatives Commodity es; Meaning and features of private Public companies; Types of investment avenues
Initial Public Offer (IPO); Book Building through Online IPO; Eligibility to issue securities; Pricing of Issues; Fixed versus Book Building issues; allotment of Shares; Basis of Allotment; Private Placement
Role and functions of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI); Depositories; Stock exchanges; Intermediaries in the Indian stock market Listing; Membership; Trading Clearing and settlement and risk management; Investor protection fund (IPF); and Do’s and Don’ts for investors, Equity and debt investment.
Types of derivatives; Commodity and commodity exchanges; Commodity versus financial derivatives.
Financial Statement Analysis
Balance sheet; Profit & loss account; Stock market-related ratios; Simple analysis before investing in the shares; understanding annual report; Director’s report etc.