Why should one take this course?
- To understand the fundamentals of the currency market.
- To understand the currency futures as a risk management tool.
- To learn about the trading platform of the currency derivatives segment of a stock exchange.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Corporate Executives
- Employees of Export/Import Houses
- Employees of Brokers and Sub-brokers
- Anybody having interest in the Indian Securities Market
Currency Derivatives Syllabus
Derivatives as a Risk Management Tool
Concept of risk; Risk management; Types of traders in the derivatives markets
Exchange rate; Fixed and floating exchange rate regime; Factors affecting exchange rates Concept of quotes; Tick-size Spreads; Spot transaction and forward transaction
Forward contracts; Futures contracts; Pricing of futures contracts
Strategies using Currency Futures
Hedging, speculation, and arbitrage in currency futures
NSE’s Currency Derivatives Segment
Product definition; Trading underlying versus trading futures; Uses of currency futures at NSE
Trading, Clearing, Settlement and Risk Management
Membership; Future contract specifications; Trading system; The trader workstation; Basis of trading; Client-Broker relationship in derivatives segment; Clearing entities; Position limits; Margins; Settlement of contracts.