Why should one take this course?
- To understand the difference between commodity and financial derivatives.
- To know the usage of commodity futures.
- To understand the pricing mechanism of commodity futures.
- To learn about the NCDEX trading platform, clearing and settlement operations.
- To know the regulatory framework and taxation aspects of the commodities market.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Commodity Market Dealers
- Employees of BPO/IT Companies
- Anybody having interest in the Commodities Market
Commodities Market Syllabus
Introduction to Derivatives
Introduction to Derivatives; types, Products, participants, and functions; Exchange–traded
versus OTC derivatives.
Application of Futures & Options
Types of instruments (future, options)-Basics and Payoffs; Pricing commodity derivatives;
Hedging, Speculation, and Arbitrage
Difference between commodity and financial derivatives; Global and Indian commodities exchanges; Evolution of commodity market in India.
Structure of NCDEX; Exchange membership; Capital requirements; Commodities traded on NCDEX platform; Instruments available for trading; Pricing of commodity futures; Trading; Clearing, Settlement and Risk Management; Use of commodity futures in hedging,
speculation and arbitrage.
Regulatory Framework & Taxation aspect
Rules governing commodity derivatives exchanges; Intermediaries, Investor grievances, and arbitration, Implications of sales tax.